As a result of the changing environment in commodity markets, Anglo American has centralised its marketing & sales activities in one Marketing Business Unit in order to enhance commercial capabilities and extract full value of the commercial value chain. With the centralisation comes the need for new ways of working, efficient processes and procedures, standardised IM systems as well as a new organisational model to be implemented to create a world class centralised, super-efficient, twin centred marketing function that can anticipate market developments and proactively plan sales and marketing activities with full information, visibility and a fast, efficient decision-making process.
The Analyst – Financial Business Base Metals is responsible for the effectiveness of Marketing Reporting systems (Core, MDI, Cube reports) and finance interfaces present within Base Metals Marketing and the wider Marketing business. Primarily responsible for Finance system administration, collation of accurate and complete Business results across Base Metals Marketing, the Finance Business Analyst will assist in the processing and production of management and financial reports (both routine and ad hoc) including detailed analysis, forecasting and budgeting. With an evolving landscape for both Base Metals Marketing and Finance, emphasis will be placed on operating efficiency and effectiveness, with the Finance Business Analyst being the role accountable for continuous improvement delivery in reporting and these processes.
This role works closely with the Financial Reporting Accountant and analysts who will support the Financial business analyst in providing numbers for the marketing hubs and be the responsible for any loads into the group reporting system Hyperion. They would in turn provide support back to the Financial reporting team to provide relevant commentary for any internal reporting to different stakeholders. This role is responsible for the preparation of management and financial reports (both routine and ad hoc) for Base Metals commodities within Marketing, for Marketing BU stakeholders as well as to submit relevant data through to Production BUs. The role also provides support the Finance Manager in driving the professionalization and systemisation of existing and future processes, interface administration, and is to drive continuous improvement within Base Metals Marketing and Base Metals Finance.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information:
Financial Business Analyst (Base Metals).docx
Strong academic credentials in Finance, with CFA, CPA or CA qualification.
- Experienced within Base Metals Industry, with logistics or sales operations experience preferred
- Capacity to administer and optimise large data sets
- Understanding of Financial Planning, Analysis and Reporting processes.
- Understanding and application of relevant accounting principles, IFRS, policies and processes - Financial Controlling / local statutory accounting standard, IFRS, and local tax law
- Understands the elements of key financial processes, principles of process design and delivery requirements needed for the business.
- Understands the fundamental principles of effective financial and accounting systems and is aware of how technology can be deployed to deliver efficiency, effectiveness and control to meet the defined business requirements.
- Working knowledge of SAP and Hyperion preferred.
Any other requirements to perform the work effectively?
- Professional membership qualifications (e.g. CA, CPA, CFA etc) shall be maintained and if for any reason this cannot be done, then the Finance Manager is to be advised immediately.
- Coverage for the Financial Reporting Accountant and Financial Reporting Analyst may be required from time to time.
- There will be times during each year where additional work time is required to meet business needs and deadlines, such as Budgets, Milestone Reporting, etc, and the Financial Business Analyst is expected to accommodate the peak periods to ensure the needs and deadlines are met.
Note to Anglo American colleagues: This role is open to Employee Referral Programme. We welcome applications for this role from candidates from any Business Unit or regions and encourage you to express interest if this role is directly in line with your experience, capabilities acquired and IDP. Please carefully note the location of the role before applying, and that we will provide limited relocation assistance. International Assignment terms and conditions will not be offered.
Note to all applicants: Please note the location of this role before applying. It is expected that this role would be filled, in the first instance, on a local employment contact basis with local terms and conditions. Any offer would be conditional upon the successful candidate having the required work permit issued by the regulatory authority of the country where the role is based. Minimal relocation support may be offered to the successful candidate, which would be limited to right to work and settlement assistance. International Assignment terms and conditions will not be offered.
No relocation assistance provided.
Closing date: 18 October 2018, 11:55 pm China Standard Time