The purpose of the Marketing BU is to sustainably maximise cash flows from the marketing of Anglo American products and services. In support of this, we have set ourselves an ambition to deliver a considerable uplift in in EBIT by 2023.
As a result of the changing environment in commodity markets, Anglo American has centralised its marketing & sales activities in one Marketing Business Unit in order to enhance commercial capabilities and extract full value of the commercial value chain. With the centralisation comes the need for new ways of working, efficient processes and procedures, standardised IM systems as well as a new organisational model to be implemented to create a world class centralised, super-efficient, twin centred marketing function that can anticipate market developments and proactively plan sales and marketing activities with full information, visibility and a fast, efficient decision-making process.
The Financial Reporting Accountant (Base Metals) is responsible for the financial reporting processes within the Base Metal Marketing Finance Team, which includes closing of month-end in SAP and Hyperion, alongside operational processes of being the link between the sales operations teams and Global Shared Services (GSS) to ensure that payments are being made. This role is also responsible for submitting relevant data through to the Production BUs. This role works closely with the Financial Business analyst by providing numbers for the marketing hubs and be the responsible for any loads into the group reporting system Hyperion, including outlook and budget. The Financial business analyst would in turn provide support back to the Financial reporting team to provide relevant commentary for any internal reporting to different stakeholders. The Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for continuously improving the financial reporting and operational finance process in terms of controls and efficiency, and as a peer group they will work together with other commodity accountants to ensure consistency.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information:
Financial Reporting Accountant_Base Metals_v3.docx
- Excellent understanding of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) processes (Level 2): Defines plans, forecasts and reports to inform the business and drive stakeholder activity
- Financial Controlling / local statutory accounting standard, IFRS, UK GAAP and local tax law (Level 2): Understands and applies relevant accounting principles, IFRS, policies and processes
- Continuous process improvement (Level 1): Understands the elements of key financial processes, principles of process design and delivery requirements needed to meet SLA’s
Skills required for role:
- Demonstrated ability to interface successfully at multiple organisation levels
- Good track record of interfacing with and influencing senior executives
- Results oriented, capable of holding self and others to account on delivery
- Ability to understand perspective of multiple stakeholders, and successfully influence / challenge the opinions of colleagues and senior managers
- Constructively engage stakeholders to a common cause through developing mutually beneficial solutions and proposals
- Credible communications and presentation skills
Any other requirements to perform the work effectively?
- Professional membership qualifications (e.g. CA, CPA, CFA etc) shall be maintained and if for any reason this cannot be done, then the Finance Manager is to be advised immediately.
- Coverage for the Financial Business Analyst and Financial Reporting Analyst may be required from time to time.
- There will be times during each year where additional work time is required to meet business needs and deadlines, such as Budgets, Milestone Reporting, etc, and the Financial Reporting Accountant expected to accommodate the peak periods to ensure the needs and deadlines are met.
Note to Anglo American colleagues: This role is open to Employee Referral Programme. We welcome applications for this role from candidates from any Business Unit or regions and encourage you to express interest if this role is directly in line with your experience, capabilities acquired and IDP. Please carefully note the location of the role before applying, and that we will provide limited relocation assistance. International Assignment terms and conditions will not be offered.
Note to all applicants: Please note the location of this role before applying. It is expected that this role would be filled, in the first instance, on a local employment contact basis with local terms and conditions. Any offer would be conditional upon the successful candidate having the required work permit issued by the regulatory authority of the country where the role is based. Minimal relocation support may be offered to the successful candidate, which would be limited to right to work and settlement assistance. International Assignment terms and conditions will not be offered.
No relocation assistance provided.
Closing date: 18 October 2018, 11:55 pm China Standard Time