- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- De Beers Group
- Work type:
- Full Time Permanent
- Discovery & Geosciences
- Exploration West Campus, Ormonde
De Beers Exploration is focused on delivering new profitable diamond production in a safe and sustainable way to create value growth to De Beers in alignment with its strategic and business objectives. Target areas are selected and prioritized on the prospectivity of their diamond mineral systems to deliver the requisite economic returns, underpinned by the country-specific economic viability models, risk and legal-commercial profiles. The next step is to build a robust discovery pipeline at the early stage through rapidly prioritizing kimberlites, using technical criteria and economic viability models, and to then develop a portfolio with the potential to deliver resource evaluation projects.
To interpret and provide recommendations, using kimberlitic indicator mineral (KIM) chemical (“mineral chemistry”) data, to support decision making at various phases of exploration. To contribute to the continuous improvement of the application and integration of KIM chemistry in the Exploration environment.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information:
Role Profile - Mineral Chemist.pdf
PERSON SPECIFICATION (QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS)
- BSc Honours degree in Geology or Geochemistry (NQF 8).
- MSc/PhD (NQF 9/10) is an advantage.
- Registered professional in a recognised body (e.g. SACNASP) or eligible for such registration.
- 3-5 years post-qualification experience, preferably in early to advanced stage diamond exploration.
- Scientific publication record is advantageous.
- Proven data quality control and data assurance experience is advantageous
- Proven data management experience.
- Experience in the use of ArcMap and JMP is advantageous.
- Knowledge of the theories, principles and concepts of mineral chemistry applied to diamond exploration is advantageous.
- Advert closing date: 26 October 2018 – 11:55 pm SA Standard Time
- Due to the nature of the work, your employment application is subject to a police clearance and an integrity test (polygraph). It is a condition of employment that you be cleared by the Security Department of De Beers and that you retain this security clearance
- In the event that you are presently employed within the De Beers Group, please inform your immediate line manager of your intention to apply.
- Consideration will be given to the Company’s Employment Equity Policy.
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Back Apply now