What you’ll do
The Multi-media Producer is a critical role in the T&S Communications organisation. Its purpose is to build a clear and shared understanding of the agenda that T&S is leading and to create and environment in which colleagues are excited to be involved in endorsing and owning its delivery, also feeling heard and valued, in order to create a future-state sustainable mining organisation.
The exciting blend of opportunities in this role means the person in post will need to be an experienced multi-media journalist and producer, who is energised by running a busy hybrid newsroom/production facility.
You’ll be someone who is as happy researching and writing stories as you will be interviewing and editing news packages and bite-size documentaries, to managing news diaries, remote film crews and ensuring film permits are in place and risk assessments are completed.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage a rolling editorial calendar, mapping content to channels/audiences.
- Identify content for creation, clarifying news angle, target audience, call-to-action, owners and delivery channels.
- Research and develop story ideas and prepare final story proposals for approval.
- Copy-writing, script production, presentation production, speech writing, social media content creation.
- Filming, desktop editing & interviewing
- Apply visual storytelling skills to develop multimedia pieces. Develop storyboards, scripts, and schematics based on project objectives.
- Monitor and manage for multimedia project activities from start to finish.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders for story production.
- Develop and manage production schedules for assigned projects. Manage film production, such as identifying shooting spots, hiring crew, equipment and making transportation arrangements. Identify and assign work to out-sourced agency videographers, graphic designers and other production teams.
- Manage budget, production crew, and editorial decisions.
- Ensure that projects meet milestones, budgetary constraints and editorial standards.
- Manage self-help tools and templates for adoption by T&S Communications network.
- Stay updated with latest media technique, web trends and production technologies.
What we’re looking for
Confident and credible, you’ll need to have:
- An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors / Honours Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- Journalism qualification (desirable)
- Experience as a broadcast/print journalist
- Postgraduate qualification (MBA / Masters / Doctoral degree or equivalent desirable)
- Role-specific knowledge
- Managing complex change and communications projects
- Creative ideation, from concept to delivery
- News-based journalism (in-house or media)
What’s in it for you?
- Generous annual leave and pension plans
- De Beers discount
- Amazing employee benefits and offers depending on location
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
The business area you’ll support
The purpose of T&S in Anglo American is to work together with operations to deliver step change value through integrated technical excellence. The T&S group is globally located and works across Business Units and geographies. Corporate Relations’ purpose is to enhance the company’s reputation across all stakeholder groups, through highly effective strategic communications and engagement activity. T&S Communications is focused on building a transformative reputation for the function and wider Technical community within Anglo American and externally.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company and we’re still growing all the time.
How we are committed to your safety
We take the safety of our employees very seriously and as a company, we demonstrate the most rigorous safety standards in the industry.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click the link below and complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.