Facility Technician (10 months Fixed Term Contract)
- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- De Beers Group
- Work type:
- Fixed Term Contract
De Beers Exploration is focused on delivering new profitable diamond production in a safe and sustainable way to create value growth to De Beers in alignment with its strategic and business objectives. Prospective target areas are selected and prioritized on the prospectivity potential of their diamond mineral systems to deliver the requisite economic returns, underpinned by the country-specific economic viability models, risk and legal-commercial profiles. The process is to build a robust discovery pipeline at the early stage through rapidly prioritizing kimberlites, using economic viability models, and to then develop a portfolio with the potential to deliver resource evaluation projects.
To design, construct, commission, modify and maintain all non-specialist plants on site and installations in the Indicator Mineral Laboratory to improve quality and productivity, ensuring adherence to ECOHS procedures at all times.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information:
- Grade 12
- Trade certificate in either:
o Fitting & Turning
o Boiler making
- Computer Literacy Microsoft Office Suite – Basic level
- Previous working experience in a laboratory environment, similar diamond/heavy mineral recovery process or field exploration activities would be advantageous
- Competent operation of Forklifts would be advantageous
- Proven track-record in repair and maintenance of laboratory or similar facilities.
- Experience with repair of Dense Media Separators/magnetic separators and/or heavy liquid separation equipment would be advantageous
- Advert closing date: 20 February 2019 – 11:55 pm SA Standard Time
- Due to the nature of the work, your employment application is subject to a police clearance and an integrity test (polygraph). It is a condition of employment that you be cleared by the Security Department of De Beers and that you retain this security clearance
- In the event that you are presently employed within the De Beers Group, please inform your immediate line manager of your intention to apply.
- Consideration will be given to the Company’s Employment Equity Policy.
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Back Apply now