EQUIPMENT SPECIALIST – CONDITION MONITORING & RELIABILITY
- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- De Beers Group
- Work type:
- Full Time Permanent
- Venetia Mine
PURPOSE AND ROLE IN THE BUSINESS:
This role is responsible for in-field assessment of equipment condition and performance, diagnostics, prognostics and scoping of preventive maintenance on primary mining and processing plant. The role requires strong proficiency and knowledge of a wide scope of condition monitoring techniques (FLIR, Vibration, Oil sampling and analysis, UT and NDT) along with a thorough understanding of asset management and work management principles.
Please refer to the attached role profile for more information
Equipment Specialist Advert (Updated).pdf
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Ensure safety, environmental and hygiene standards are complied with and maintained within area of responsibility.
- Ensure the smooth and effective running of all Condition Monitoring programmes including Vibration, Oil, Ultrasound, NDT and Thermal Imaging.
- Assess, review and amend maintenance tactics where maintenance activities are not optimal.
- Assess maintenance activities to eliminate intrusive maintenance.
- Assess maintenance activities to increase the ratio of running maintenance to shut-down maintenance.
- Performance assessment of production critical assets.
- Review scoping of refurbishments or rebuild work.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Education & Experience)
- Grade 12/Standard 10 Certificate/N3 Qualification or relevant NQF level Qualification.
- Tertiary National Diploma or degree obtained in Engineering Sciences OR
- National N6 Certificate with relevant Trade Certificate.
- 3 years relevant Supervisory or Foreman experience.
- Code 08 Drivers License.
- Successfully obtain a Red Ticket (Medical Fitness certificate) on mine.
- Your consideration for employment is subject to your SAPS Criminal Record verification and qualifications verification.
- Vibration level 1 and 2 (level 3 preferred).
- Thermography level 1.
- Ultrasonic testing level 1 (level 2 preferred).
- Shaft alignment level 1.
- Dynamic balancing level 1.
- Oil analysis (preferred).
- Failure analysis & RCA method training (preferred).
- Internal candidates: strictly complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. You are required to attain your immediate line manager and Head of Department signature on your application form. Failure to attain the line manager and Head of Department’s signature will result in the application not being considered.
- Consideration will be given to the Company’s Employment Equity Policy
- External search: Yes/ No
- Secondment terms: Yes/ No
Submit applications on or before the closing date to:
Closing Date: 20 February 2019
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Back Apply now