Cash Management Supervisor: Band 7_Internal & External_GSS EMEA_Johannesburg
- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- Global Shared Services
- Work type:
- Full Time Permanent
- Accounting, Employee Services (Global Shared Services)
- Global Shared Services
Preference will be given to individuals in line with the AAESS Employment Equity Plan.
Support the Cash Management Coordinator to develop, implement, maintain and manage the Cash Management strategy in accordance with GSS principles and strategic intent (based on business resource requirements).
Encompasses the governance structure of the Cash Management section. Oversees Cash Management (CM) activities related to preparing payment proposals, funding requests, the releasing of payment runs, review of bank reconciliations and management of monthly reporting.
The incumbent of the position ensures effective and efficient service delivery on a daily basis to the Business Units ensuring the meeting of all SLA’s.
Role Profile - Cash Management Supervisor May 19.pdf
- Supervise the day-to-day Cash Management functional processes within the team
- Ensure all payment runs are reviewed and released successfully in the banking platforms
- Funding requests send timeously - as per set timelines to treasury departments
- Ensure all bank reconciliations are prepared and adequately reviewed.
- Follow-up on any rejections by the banks
- Ensure proper planning of staff to support the process and business continuity
- Supervise the workload and distribute between team members
- Ensure the high quality of service delivery to customers
- Identify trends, investigation of potential problems and improvement opportunities
- Log incidents and issues and drive implementation of actions
- Ensure adherence to recruitment and on-boarding processes and procedures within the team
- Ensure compliance to relevant policies and procedures and assist in the rollout of new/updated policies and procedures
- Plan daily and weekly staff output and monitor with tracker against targets
- Ensure that the system security and access to the systems are controlled
- Provide new team members with all the necessary tools to perform the Cash Management tasks (desk assignment, e-mail account, relevant ERPs system access and for banks)
- Ensure effective communication and conflict management
- Assist Cash Management and Bank Recons Coordinator to meet targets as per the SLA
- Adhere to SA legislative and corporate governance, process and service s standards
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Demonstrate behaviour in line with health, safety and environmental standards and with the Group’s values
- Set the health, safety and environmental expectations for your team and monitor behaviour so that it meets the required standards
Participate in relevant safety audits, inspections and observations, and address issues as part of demonstrating safety leadership
People / Leadership:
- Demonstrate behaviour in line with the Group’s values, standards and a professional workplace
- Provide leadership to, and develop the performance of, your team in line with the Group’s policies and systems (e.g. performance management) in order to achieve business goals. As part of this:
- Foster a constructive and productive working environment;
- Monitor the work of each team member and provide regular and useful feedback to them on how they are performing and
- Drive delivery of objectives holding team members to account for their work.
- Participate as an effective team member in working collaboratively with your leader, peers and relevant others (including from other teams) to achieve business goals
- Monitor the activities of your team which involve other teams and appropriately intervene to address any cross-team issues
- Lead your team so that it operates in a cost effective way, within the limits set by your manager
Identify any opportunities for improved cost management and either address these, or raise them with your manager, as appropriate
Work within policies, processes and systems and advise your leader of any issues which impede your, or your team’s, performance
- A relevant Secondary/Tertiary Qualification in Financial Accounting
- Recognition of prior learning and experience will be acknowledged
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in an accounting supervisory role
- Extensive knowledge/experience SAP accounting.
CLOSING DATE: 21 May 2019
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Back Apply now