Manager Commercial Strategy - London
- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- Work type:
- Full Time Permanent
- Commercial Strategy
The purpose of the Marketing BU is to sustainably maximise cash flows from the marketing of Anglo American products and services. In support of this, we have set ourselves a target to deliver a considerable uplift in in PBT by 2023.
Identify and implement commercial value initiatives, ensuring Anglo American Marketing realises the full value from commodity commercial operations.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information:
Role Profile - Commercial Strategy (interal).docx
- Minimal five years’ experience in strategy capacity within a large organisation and / or as an advisor from consulting group; solid experience in business planning, business modelling, desktop/external researches, forecasting and analysis
Minimal five years’ experience in key account management, sales planning & analysis within a multi-national business; solid experience in customer engagement / influencing, sales pitching and commercial opportunity seeking
- Understanding / experience of commodity trading would be beneficial
- Comfortable with making logical hypothesis by limited information and capable to validate the assumptions by effective means
- Experience in working on projects, running workshops or facilitating forums is preferred
- Excellent compelling report writing, and seasoned presentation skills tailored to the specific needs and requirements of the audience
- Competent across the range of tools and frameworks of strategic and financial analysis
- Ability to understand perspective of multiple stakeholders; comfortable and skilful in providing constructive challenges
- Skilful at asking insightful and probing questions to get to the bottom of a situation or problem; doesn’t stop at the first answer
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborate both within the team and into other teams to get the benefit of their perspectives, experience or expertise
- Results oriented, capable of holding self and others to account on delivery
- A good team player; happy to work as a part of the team rather than as an individual contributor, in many occasions
Any other requirements to perform the work effectively?
- Experience in Agile working tools and scrum master events
- Superb academic credentials in Business, Economics or similar disciplines, ideally Master degree
Note to Anglo American colleagues: This role is open to Employee Referral Programme. We welcome applications for this role from candidates from any Business Unit or regions and encourage you to express interest if this role is directly in line with your experience, capabilities acquired and IDP. Please carefully note the location of the role before applying, and that we will provide limited relocation assistance. International Assignment terms and conditions will not be offered.
Note to all applicants: Please note the location of this role before applying. It is expected that this role would be filled, in the first instance, on a local employment contact basis with local terms and conditions. Any offer would be conditional upon the successful candidate having the required work permit issued by the regulatory authority of the country where the role is based. Minimal relocation support may be offered to the successful candidate, which would be limited to right to work and settlement assistance. International Assignment terms and conditions will not be offered.
No relocation assistance provided.
Closing date: 21 June 2019, 11:55 pm UK Standard Time
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back Apply now