Specialist: S&SD Systems (Platinum) - Band 6 - Johannesburg, South Africa
- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- Technical & Sustainability
- Work type:
- Full Time Permanent
- Safety and Sustainable Development
- Corporate Centre Johannesburg
The Safety and Sustainable Development’s (S&SD) purpose is to establish excellence through operational improvement group by mobilising critical skills and pathways to capture improvement opportunities across the business, including the introduction of new and expert thinking aimed at transforming S&SD performance. This will be complemented by the implementation of effective operational controls, rigorous data analysis and capacity building programmes
Provide coordination, subject matter expertise and guidance to information delivery and systems management, solution design and support implementation as well as business process design and re-engineering
Please refer to the attached role profile for more information:
Specialist - SSD Systems (Platinum) - 11 June 2019.pdf
- Analyse use and effectiveness of the various Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) transactional systems at the operations (Platinum) and provide support to SHE Systems and Reporting Administrators at the operations.
- Advise operational SHE employees and line management on ways of improving the effectiveness of SHE transactional systems at the operations.
- Provide detailed system and operational knowledge to assess Platinum Business Unit (BU) requirements for system improvements and represent the BU to implement appropriate systems and enhancements.
- Facilitate the implementation of Group reporting and information delivery tools and SHE management system tools at the BU.
- Develop analysis reports for operations and disciplines to analyse SHE data to determine underlying causes for trends.
- Develop ad hoc SHE reports for operations as required.
- Assess the suitability of SHE Information Management systems to meet internal and external requirements such as ISO requirements, SHE Way, etc.
- Coordinate change requests for Platinum Operations
- An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors / Honors degree or equivalent) in a relevant discipline such as life sciences, environmental management, Technical, Social Sciences, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- High level of computer literacy
- ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and/or OHSAS 18001 qualifications
- Demonstrated track record in S&SD systems and reporting. Experience must have been developed in the Mining industry.
- Demonstrated success in a role with similar level of complexity within a large global multi-commodity mining or related industry
- Work experience with transactional software systems
- Knowledge of safety policies, procedures and the important role of consistently demonstrating required behaviours and championing safety values
Other requirements to perform the work effectively:
- Ability to communicate in English (advanced level for verbal and written).
- Domestic and regional travel will be required.
- International travel may be required.
- Work on site at operations may be required. This may involve activities of a physical nature in a typical mine or processing environment (for example noise, vibration, heat, small spaces, reduced visibility)
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Back Apply now