We are re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives
ANGLO AMERICAN’s METALLURGICAL COAL BUSINESS, MORANBAH, QLD
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business and our products are the essential ingredients in almost every aspect of modern life. Our portfolio of world-class competitive mining operations and undeveloped resources provides the metals and minerals to meet the growing consumer-driven demands of the world’s developed and maturing economies. With our people at the heart of our business, we use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
Geology Coordinator – Moranbah North Mine
Moranbah North has a new opportunity for a qualified and experienced Geologist to join our underground longwall coal mining operation as a Geology Coordinator. This Monday to Friday position will see you utilise your degree qualification through using your geological skills and experience to provide geological and technical support to our operation.
Some of the key responsibilities for the successful applicant will include:
- Ensuring the validation of geological data for surface, gas compliance, UIS/SIS drilling and underground mapping. Further undertake reconciliations of data to determine model accuracy and mining reconciliations.
- Identification of key geological hazards and working as a team to ensure the plans define the geological condition and mitigate the impact of the hazard.
- Maintaining and undertaking critical assessment of geological data to develop up to date and fit for purpose geological interpretation and geological models.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the operation outlining key geological features and conditions focusing on plans to minimise the risk and control the hazards.
- Develop and maintain site standards and procedures documentation across all aspects of the geology function as well undertaking required critical control and technical audits.
You will have demonstrated experience in geological field with at least three years underground longwall mining experience, capable of communicating with a range of key stakeholders and possess exceptional planning and problem-solving skills. Further you will have a drive for Zero Harm which will be forefront of your mind as you undertake the role and drive continuous improvements.
This is a full-time permanent staff role working a Monday to Friday roster.
Ref No: 730395
Subsidised accommodation is available with this role if you would prefer to be residential.
If you would like the opportunity to join Anglo American where our purpose is ‘Re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives’ please apply now.
To apply online visit www.angloamerican.com.au and quote the relevant reference number
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American’s Metallurgical Coal Business does not accept applications from Recruitment Agencies