ANGLO AMERICAN METALLURGICAL COAL BUSINESS, MOURA, QLD
Anglo American is a leading global mining company and our products are the essential ingredients in almost every aspect of modern life. Our portfolio of world-class competitive mining operations and undeveloped resources provides the metals and minerals that enable a cleaner, more electrified world and that meet the fast growing consumer-driven demands of the world’s developed and maturing economies. With our people at the heart of our business, we use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world – safely, responsibly and sustainably.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum group metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our business partners and diverse stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate, and for society as a whole. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
At Anglo American, we promote an inclusive and diverse environment where every colleague is valued and respected for who they are, and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. We encourage all suitable applicants to apply for vacancies, including women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Capital Projects Coordinator (Fixed Term) - Dawson Mine
Reporting directly to the Commercial Manager, you will coordinate the delivery of Capital programs on site. This will encompass planning, program management and execution, reporting and closure of capital projects. You will be required to control and manage processes to ensure the successful completion of projects to ensure on budget and on time project completion.
This position will provide a link between project owners, contracts department, stakeholders, contractors and management to ensure successful delivery of the capital program. You will work collectively to improve the outcome of Dawson’s capital expenditure projects by ensuring that projects are properly scoped with key milestones for tracking and reporting. You will be required to design and implement actions to keep projects on plan.
Experience / Skills / Knowledge:
- Project / Capital management experience within the Mining Industry
- Demonstrated experience managing and working with large budgets
- Proficiency in supply/contract & expenditure management
- Demonstrated experience in financial analysis techniques
- Experience driving continuous improvement initiatives & best practice within your department
- Astute business acumen and an appreciation for issues relevant to mine sites
- Good interpersonal & negotiation skills to influence and achieve buy in from key stakeholders
- Knowledge of relevant Mining Legislation
- A high level of strategic thinking, planning and problem solving ability
- Superior analytical / quantitative analysis skills and process orientation
- Demonstrated high proficiency in using MS Excel for complex data manipulation and analysis
- Thorough understanding of key departmental, operation, business & industry success drivers
Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Business, Project Management or an Engineering discipline will be highly regarded. Additional qualifications such as CA, CPA or MBA would be advantageous.
This role is a Monday to Friday Roster; with subsidised housing available in Moura.
To apply online visit www.angloamerican.com.au and quote the relevant reference number.
Ref No: 730485
Applications close 09 August 2019
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American’s Metallurgical Coal Business does not accept applications from Recruitment Agencies.