We are re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives
ANGLO AMERICAN’s METALLURGICAL COAL BUSINESS, MORANBAH, QLD
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business and our products are the essential ingredients in almost every aspect of modern life. Our portfolio of world-class competitive mining operations and undeveloped resources provides the metals and minerals to meet the growing consumer-driven demands of the world’s developed and maturing economies. With our people at the heart of our business, we use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
IIT Infrastructure Specialist – Moranbah
The purpose of Global Information Management (IM) is to enable the delivery of business processes, communication, collaboration and knowledge management through the deployment, support and maintenance of enterprise technology, infrastructure, applications and mine technical systems.
As the IIT Infrastructure Services Specialist reporting to the IM Regional Delivery Manager - APAC, you will be responsible for support services to Frontline services, Mining Technical Systems and Regional Support on all MTS, Technical and IIT (IM) requirements, solutions and technical architectures.
This role will act as the single point of contact for all Mining Technical Systems, Industrial IT services, operational support matters and solutions, as well as single point of referral for frontline services for all technical MTS/IIT requests and solutions.
- Analyse operational business requirements and advise on opportunities to streamline or automate business and technical processes and functions
- Translate business requirements into technical functional specifications
- Partner with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritise opportunities for utilising IM to achieve the goals of the business
- Develop project plans and teamwork assignments, direct and monitor work efforts on a daily basis, identify resource needs, perform quality review; and escalate functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately
- Coordinate communication with all areas of the business that impact the project scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed
- Manage third party vendors, ensure they are meeting or exceeding their contractual commitments for services and projects
- Manage project executions, regular feedback, planning and forecasting for projects
You will possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant IM Discipline and/or Technical competencies and certification with relevant years of experience in similar role.
As well as a very competitive salary package, Anglo American offers exceptional training and development opportunities to all employees. Subsidised housing is available in Moranbah, a well-equipped regional centre within easy driving distance of the coast. If you have the ambition to work for a leader in the mining and resources area, and the drive to deliver results on a consistent basis, apply now.
To apply online visit www.angloamerican.com.au and quote the relevant reference number
Ref No: 730571
Applications close 11th August 2019
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American’s Metallurgical Coal Business does not accept applications from Recruitment Agencies