ANGLO AMERICAN’S METALLURGICAL COAL BUSINESS, MOURA, QLD
Anglo American is a leading global mining company and our products are the essential ingredients in almost every aspect of modern life. Our portfolio of world-class competitive mining operations and undeveloped resources provides the metals and minerals that enable a cleaner, more electrified world and that meet the fast growing consumer-driven demands of the world’s developed and maturing economies. With our people at the heart of our business, we use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world – safely, responsibly and sustainably.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum group metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our business partners and diverse stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate, and for society as a whole. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
At Anglo American, we promote an inclusive and diverse environment where every colleague is valued and respected for who they are, and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. We encourage all suitable applicants to apply for vacancies, including women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Drill & Blast Supervisor – Dawson Mine
As a valued member of our production team the Drill and Blast Supervisor will proactively and efficiently coordinate resources and lead your team to achieving optimum machine and on-bench productivities, minimise coal losses and dilution whilst championing site environmental procedures. Dawson has a complex geological structure and steeply dipping seams, this role provides a chance to expand and showcase your Drill and Blast expertise.
Some Key responsibilities of this role:
- Provide strong leadership to the Drill and Blast workforce
- Actively communicate with the workforce directly,
- Ensure effective communication between drill and blast, production and technical services departments.
- Conduct effective and engaging shift prestart meetings,
- Effectively communicate blast designs and ensure work groups have clear understanding.
- Participate in short term mining and drill and blast planning
- Identify areas for improvement and act on them
- Work with key stakeholders to continually optimise the sites reload facility and infrastructure
- Complete incident investigations as required
- Comply with all procedures and communicate effectively with all stakeholders
As the successful applicant, you will be a high achieving & team focused individual with a focus on building a solid collaborative & high performing culture within your work team. You have extensive experience in open cut coal mining and a drive to deliver. You will also have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience with complex through seam blasting
- Commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Drill Navigation with manual or wireless data collection (highly regarded)
- Ability to work in a fluid/dynamic environment
- Ability to work in and lead an adaptive team
- In depth knowledge of Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999 Coal Mining Safety and Health Regulation 2017
- In depth knowledge of the Explosives Act (1999) and Explosives Regulations (2017).
- Experience with computer-based data and management tools
To apply online visit www.angloamerican.com.au and quote the relevant reference number.
Ref No: 730812
Applications close 27 August 2019
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American’s Metallurgical Coal Business does not accept applications from Recruitment Agencies.