Sales Manager - China Market
- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- Work type:
- Full Time Permanent
- Business Development, Sales
- Singapore Office
About Anglo American
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world whilst ensuring rigorous safety standards are demonstrated. Our global Marketing business unit headquartered in Singapore ensures that we sustainably maximise cash flows from the marketing of Anglo American’s products and services.
About the role
- Develop and implement annual sales strategy for China.
- Support development of the annual regional sales strategy
Plan & Targets
- Support the Manager - Sales Iron Ore (China) in the creation of the annual sales targets and plans for the region.
- Create the annual sales plans and targets for China.
- Deliver the budgeted sales volume for China.
- Work closely with the sales operations team to oversee the sales execution process and ensure excellent service delivery and quick resolution of customer queries.
- Address and resolve any customer complaints/service shortfalls escalating to Manager - Sales Iron Ore (China).
Optimization & Growth
- Manage a portfolio of existing customer accounts and develop long term relationships with key customers.
- Develop new opportunities for sales within China.
- Optimize value of sales book throughout the contract negotiation process.
- Support the implementation of key optimization projects to maximize value for Iron Ore.
- Implement new commercial opportunities through internal and external working relationships and interactions beyond immediate team
Risk & Governance
- Execute the Iron Ore China strategy within Anglo American’s defined risk and governance framework.
- Execute the Iron Ore China strategy with zero breaches.
The ideal candidate:
- Understanding and experience of commodity industry and landscape
- Strong understanding of risk management principles.
- An understanding of the economic, commercial and political issues affecting the iron ore market
- Expertise in global commodity markets and their drivers.
- Knowledge of iron ore value chain.
- Experience/knowledge of the iron ore market, technical specifications and operational knowledge
- Sound knowledge of financial management.
- Sound knowledge of contract management
- Deep understanding of marketing fundamentals (ie. pricing, delivery strategy, value chain dynamics, net back calculations)
Things to note:
- Significant business travel to visit customer.
- Mandarin speaker highly recommended.
About the job offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people.
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfill their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click the link below and complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Note to Anglo American colleagues: This role is open to Employee Referral Programme. We welcome applications for this role from candidates from any Business Unit or regions and encourage you to express interest if this role is directly in line with your experience, capabilities acquired and IDP. Please carefully note the location of the role before applying, and that we will provide limited relocation assistance. International Assignment terms and conditions will not be offered.
Note to all applicants: Please note the location of this role before applying. It is expected that this role would be filled, in the first instance, on a local employment contact basis with local terms and conditions. Any offer would be conditional upon the successful candidate having the required work permit issued by the regulatory authority of the country where the role is based. Minimal relocation support may be offered to the successful candidate, which would be limited to right to work and settlement assistance. International Assignment terms and conditions will not be offered.
No relocation assistance provided.
Closing date: 22nd November 2019, 11:55 pm SGP Standard Time
Advertised: China Standard Time
Applications close: China Standard Time
Back Apply now