What you’ll do
Supporting our Commercial Services team within Marketing, your goal as Commercial Strategy Manager will be to drive our strategy from a long-term horizon and define our strategic roadmap.
Supporting a various range of stakeholders, you’ll be able to traverse the various landscapes on a global scale in order to identify and implement commercial value initiatives. You’ll be working with the strategy stakeholders to ensure Anglo American Marketing realises the full value from commodity commercial operations.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide support during strategy reviews; provide research and benchmarking analyses in processes to identifying trends and new opportunities for Marketing BU and commodities
- Provide support in processes to delivering strategic imperatives, e.g. refining brand value proposition, maintaining pipeline of breakthrough ideas for Marketing BU
- Initiate researches according to strategic themes, interpret potential implications to Anglo American and Marketing BU, propose action plans
- Generation of commercial insight and identify growth / improvement opportunities: undertake complex quantitative and qualitative analyses that facilitate the assessment of established commercial approaches and initiatives
- Lead and/or join the ideation sessions, build the hypothesis and identify ways to validate by working together with the team
- Join the scrum events and/or scrum master some of the sprints; develop shortlisted concepts by working together with the team
You’ll be a person who’ll be able to look at strategy “one layer deeper” and always be asking questions twice and always challenge the status quo.
What we’re looking for
Confident and credible, you’ll need to have:
- A successful track record in a similar level of work (on a global scale)
- Experience in working in a consulting firm or environment
- Knowledge of the commodity/mining industry is a plus
- Strong ability to apply commercial reasoning to strategy based on marketing analytics
- Degree qualified, ideally at Master level with strong quantitative experience
- Ability to understand perspective of multiple stakeholders; comfortable and skilful in providing constructive challenges
- Results oriented, capable of holding self and others to account on delivery
- A good team player; happy to work as a part of the team rather than as an individual contributor, in many occasions
What’s in it for you?
- Free breakfast and lunch - in-house chefs preparing you amazing meals every day!
- Generous pension plans
- Amazing employee share schemes
- De Beers discount
- Subsidised gym membership
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
The business area you’ll support
The Marketing Business Unit aims to sustainably maximize cash flows from the marketing of Anglo American products and services. In support of this, the Business Units has set themselves an ambition to deliver a considerable uplift in in EBIT by 2023.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company and we’re still growing all the time.
How we are committed to your safety
We take the safety of our employees very seriously and as a company we demonstrate the most rigorous safety standards in the industry.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click the link below and complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.