What you’ll do
The Group HR function are on a transformation journey and have a burning ambition to be best in class. A key part of our Group HR team, you will manage people-related services within the London office to help drive organisation performance.
Supporting a various range of stakeholders across the London office, you’ll provide a high-quality HR support service. You’ll ensure you’re the go-to source for all policies and procedures related to head office as well as be the driver of HR projects such as wellbeing, flexible working and our future office move.
Leading a team of 2, this role will require you to lean on your extensive experience across UK employment law as you’ll be the key point of contact for ER advice.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the cost-effective & efficient delivery of HR services and administration in the London office, offering ongoing expert advice to help optimise and improve the office
- Provide advice on employee relations issues including disciplinary and performance issues for administrative support, professional and managerial employees across the London office, in alignment and coordination with HR Advisors/HRBPs
- Contribute towards the strategic development of HR policies & working practices for the London office
- Run and manage HR projects based in London, and support on global HR projects which require input from London HR
- Support with and advise on the implementation of GDPR and other UK legal and compliance changes
- Partnering with our RPO to ensure quality recruitment support for London campus staff
- Manage external vendor relationships and agreements for 3rd party HR services and benefit providers for the London office
- Conduct training needs analysis and recommend appropriate & cost-effective training and development interventions which support the London office
You’ll be a person who is able to build effective partnerships with line managers around the way we to do things and be able to challenge where needed. Being resilient and having strong influencing skills will ensure your success.
You’ll drive a culture of continuous learning, keeping abreast of the external market and driving continuous improvement.
What we’re looking for
Confident and credible, you’ll need to have:
- Broad generalist skills and ideally in-depth knowledge of at least one core HR Technical Competency such as reward, L&D or Performance Management
- In-depth knowledge of UK employment legislation
- Basic understanding of change management and organisational development methodologies including employee engagement and team facilitation
- SAP or similar ERP systems (Visier also an advantage)
- Line management with good advisory experience and building capability in a team.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
The business area you’ll support
The purpose of this team is to establish and lead a strategy for the delivery of HR support to Group Finance, Group HR, Group Strategy & Business Development and Group Corporate Relations which drives organisational performance.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people. We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. Our benefits also extend to free breakfast & lunch, generous pension plans and subsidised gym memberships.
How we are committed to your safety
We take the safety of our employees very seriously and as a company, we demonstrate the most rigorous safety standards in the industry.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click the link below and complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.