The purpose of the Marketing BU is to sustainably maximise cash flows from the marketing of Anglo American products and services. In support of this, we have set ourselves a target to deliver a considerable uplift in in PBT by 2023.
The Thermal Coal Marketing & Sales team has a global footprint with team members situated in offices in Johannesburg, London, Brisbane and Singapore.
Over the last decade, the commodity market has undergone fundamental changes with unprecedented price volatility, shifting trade flows and new players changing the rules of engagement. As a result of Anglo American's intention to exploit opportunities through more active asset-backed trading (e.g., exploit arbitrage opportunities), Anglo American has consolidated equity coal into a single commercial unit.
Manage regional trading book(s), including Commodity Trade Risk Management (CTRM) system, and assist the Book Owner in managing the Global physical trading book, to ensure the highest sustainable value generation for thermal coal trading.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information:
Role Profile - Assistant Book Owner (1).docx
- An understanding of the economic, commercial and political issues affecting the coal market
- Knowledge of and interest in the mining or resources industry and commodity markets
- Expertise in global commodity markets and their drivers
- Knowledge of thermal coal value chain
- Experience/knowledge of the coal market, technical coal specifications and operational knowledge
- Deep understanding of marketing fundamentals (ie. pricing, delivery strategy, value chain dynamics, net back calculations)
- Advanced CTRM systems knowledge, e.g. CXL and Aspect
Any other requirements to perform the work effectively?
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to multitask across various platforms
- University degree
- Strong ability to prioritise deliverables under pressure
- Experience within a complex organisation across different countries and jurisdictions, cultures, interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Competition Law – Has completed and maintains appropriate level of required training and applies the learnings
- Occasional international travel required
Note to Anglo American colleagues: This role is open to Employee Referral Programme. We welcome applications for this role from candidates from any Business Unit or regions and encourage you to express interest if this role is directly in line with your experience, capabilities acquired and IDP. Please carefully note the location of the role before applying, and that we will provide limited relocation assistance. International Assignment terms and conditions will not be offered.
Note to all applicants: Please note the location of this role before applying. It is expected that this role would be filled, in the first instance, on a local employment contact basis with local terms and conditions. Any offer would be conditional upon the successful candidate having the required work permit issued by the regulatory authority of the country where the role is based. Minimal relocation support may be offered to the successful candidate, which would be limited to right to work and settlement assistance. International Assignment terms and conditions will not be offered.
No relocation assistance provided.
Closing date: 19 September 2019, 11:55 pm China Standard Time