BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST - PSO
- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- De Beers Group
- Work type:
- Full Time Permanent
- Business Improvement
- Venetia Mine
PURPOSE AND ROLE IN THE BUSINESS:
Venetia Mine is implementing a Project Support Office (PSO) function within the Business Improvement (BI) department. The PSO function is expected to make a significant contribution to the implementation of the Anglo American Operating Model (AAOM), P101 projects and continuous business improvement for Venetia Mine. The successful candidate will be required to set up the PSO processes in accordance with corporate and AAOM guidelines, and then to coordinate the improvement project portfolio for Venetia Mine according to those agreed processes. The PSO function is an analysis, prioritisation, tracking, reporting and coordination function and as such excludes the physical execution of the individual projects, which will still be done by personnel in the functional areas and /or by the Engineering Projects team.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information:
20190820BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST - PSO (1).docx
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Education & Experience)
- Grade 12 certificate or relevant NQF level 4 qualifications.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in an Engineering field (Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, Mining or Process).
- A proven track record of a minimum of 5 years operational experience in the Mining industry.
- Project Management qualification and practical experience in Project Management will be advantageous.
- Code 08 (EB) driver’s license.
- Medical fitness as per inherent requirements of the job.
- Security cleared as per company requirements and verification of qualifications.
- For internal applicants, strictly complete an internal application form and attach (via the website) detailed CV and qualification/ID. You are required to attain your immediate line manager and Head of Department signature on your application form.
- Preference will be given to HDSA candidates and consideration will be given to the company’s Employment Equity Policy and Labour Plan.
- It will be expected from short listed candidates to undergo Psychometric and other assessments.
- External search: Yes/ No
- Secondment terms: Yes/ No
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Back Apply now