Venetia Chief Ventilation Engineer
- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- De Beers Group
- Work type:
- Full Time Permanent
- Venetia Mine
Mine Ventilation is a critical technical mining system input and enabler of underground mining operations. It is a key technical engineering discipline that provides analysis, review, understanding, directional and tactical solutions in support of effective development and operation of Underground mines.
Apply ventilation expertise to provide review, strategic direction, analysis and set business technical and operating standards for Ventilation. Set effective ventilation solutions through the mine life cycle to ensure the mine is not ventilation constrained, is compliant to all requirements and provides air standards to meet the needs of mine workers working underground – ensuring our workers are only exposed to acceptable conditions and standards in our mines. System design and operation is built on a foundation of Safety, Efficiency, Standards and Cost.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information:
Advert Venetia Mine - VUP Chief Ventilation Engineer 2019.09.09 (3).docx
- Expertise must have been obtained from a formal qualification in Mining Engineering or other relevant discipline. Qualifications such as:
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor degree
- Desired: Masters or PhD in relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated application of academic qualifications through experience working in the field.
- Considered an experienced technical and operational specialist in the underground mine ventilation field.
- Track record of leading ideas generation; translating these into practical initiatives to be implemented and demonstration of successful execution and delivery of underground mine ventilation strategies for individual mine operations.
- Has overseen project development, sharing of best practice and developing technical capability of mining personnel.
- Expertise in practical underground mine design.
- Demonstrated ability to consider short, medium and long term consequences of proposed changes to processes.
- Demonstrated success in the implementation of process improvements across multiple work streams in a mining operation.
Any other requirements to perform the work effectively?
- Must be fluent in English.
- Ability to speak additional languages is desirable. Particularly Spanish or Portuguese.
- Regular domestic and regional travel will be required.
- Irregular International travel may be required.
- Work on site at Mine operations will be required. This may involve activities of a physical nature in a typical mine environment (for example noise, vibration, heat, small spaces, reduced visibility).
- Working at high altitude may be required.
- Ability to balance strategic thought with delivery of tangible business outcomes.
- Timely, pragmatic and effective decision making drawing on limited inputs and sometimes incomplete information
- For internal applicants, you are required to attain your immediate line manager and Head of Department signature on your application form.
- External search: Yes
- Secondment terms: No
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Back Apply now