Logistics Coordinator - Band 6 - Central Andes Based in Chile
- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- Technical & Sustainability
- Work type:
- Full Time Permanent
- Discovery & Geosciences
- Regional Chile
Group Discovery and Geosciences (GDG) delivers value for Anglo American via safe discovery of new mineral endowment; delivery of step-change operational geosciences in our mines; and quantification and communication of our Mineral Resources and endowment
Coordinate the planning and conduct of logistics for exploration projects to support the execution of field / office exploration work programs, helping to maximize opportunities for safe mineral discoveries. The purpose of this role must fit with the Discovery strategy established at GDG
Establish a relationship with stakeholders, community, government agencies, and others, following the Code of Conduct established by Anglo American
Please refer to attached role profile for more information:
Logistic Coordinator_Central Andes_Role Profile_EN_rev 01.pdf
Prepare field logistics for exploration projects such as:
- Reconnaissance of access ways, roads and highways, as well as survey and record of conditions for exploration areas
- Identify licenses and permits required to access work areas, such as government, environmental, community licenses (written or verbal authorization / agreement)
- Check municipalities near work areas for housing, food, fuel, shipping company, health resources, communication and others
- Promote contact/engagement with local communities, authorities, rural cooperatives/associations, prospectors, indigenous communities, etc
- Identify landowners in the areas where exploration activities will be carried out and contact ways for entry permits in the areas (people and communication ways)
- Identify key suppliers such as hotels, restaurants, gas stations, maintenance workshops, and basic services that meet Anglo American minimum standards
- Check the availability of medical/hospital resources for emergencies in the working area, identifying types of care (first aid, outpatient care, surgical, others), availability snake antivenom, forms of rescue and emergency displacement, etc
- Identify accessible forms of communication in the region (phones: landline, mobile, satellite, internet availability, satellite data traffic, etc.)
- Identify approved airstrips near the working area, considering the type/size of aircraft it can hold for any evacuation needs
- Check available means of transport in the region (by land, air or water), both for emergencies and for access to work areas, checking if they offer safe conditions, approval (when necessary), whether they are public or private access ways
- Identify vehicle supply and maintenance (preventive/corrective) locations near workplaces.
- Plan together with Project Manager the logistics/distribution of vehicles, according to work teams necessary for the development of field activities
- Indicate the need for own or third party medical evacuation facilities available in the working region.
- Verify appropriate disposal forms and locations for waste generated from mineral exploration activities in the region, as well as appropriate transportation to them
- In case of camping, check options for:
- Camp location (fixed or fly camps).
- Provisions for water, food, supplies, fuel, electricity / generators.
- Supply of water for human consumption.
- Asset security.
- Proper disposal of waste and effluent.
- Need for insect spraying.
- Develop all its activities in accordance with SHEC (Safety, Health, Environment and Communities) standards and procedures defined by the company and SHEC responsibilities for employees
- Essential: logistics degree or specialization
- Sound technical experience in logistic activities
- Basic administrative and financial knowledge
- Knowledge in exploration activities
- Knowledge of safety policies, procedures and the important role of consistently demonstrating required behaviours and championing safety values
Other requirements to perform the work effectively:
- Desirable: Speaking, writing and reading in English and/or other languages.
- Knowledge of software such as text editors, spreadsheets, electronic presentations, database (Office suite).
- Good network
- Availability to work in the field and to travel to different places within the Central Andes region (frequently)
Advertised: Pacific SA Daylight Time
Applications close: Pacific SA Daylight Time
Back Apply now