- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- De Beers Group
- Work type:
- Fixed Term Contract
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Northwest Territories
- Yellowknife Office
The De Beers Group of Companies has an opportunity for a motivated individual to join the Indigenous Affairs and Business Development department for the Gahcho Kué Mine Site based in the Northwest Territories. Reporting to the Indigenous Affairs and Business Development Superintendent, this role is responsible for the development, integration and delivery of cultural programs that fulfill our commitment to the communities surrounding the Gahcho Kué operation. The ideal candidate is one who is committed to safe work practices and strives for zero harm.
The work schedule and location of this position is Monday to Friday from an office in Yellowknife, NT.
This is a one-year term with estimated start date in 2020.
What the Role Entails:
- Develop and deliver cultural workshops and programs;
- Implement IBA action plans to company commitments;
- Engage and respond to community needs;
- Ensure community level implementation of work plans;
- Consult and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to meet the commitments of the IBAs;
- Coordinate and participate in job fairs to increase employment from communities;
- Collaborate with IBA partners to develop database of community members seeking employment;
- Work with community agencies to identify and collaborate on proposals for training and development funding;
- Assist with the implementation of the Social Way Framework; and
- Implement Community Consultation activities.
What you Need for this Role:
- High School Diploma with additional training in business administration, political science or government relations (3+ years);
- Experience in community and government engagement (3+ years);
- Experience working at a remote mining site and in a cross-cultural work environment;
- Ability to organize and communicate with a customer service approach;
- Ability to engage with stakeholders in a continual learning approach;
- Ability to operate with proficiency in MS Office; and
- Knowledge of living and working in Indigenous communities.
Beneficial if you have:
- Fluency in Dogrib or Chipewyan
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: Mountain Daylight Time
Back Apply now