Head of Los Bronces Underground Project
- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- Work type:
- Fixed Term Contract
- Project Management
- Región Metropolitana
- Los Bronces
Your main objectives will be:
- Be an effective safety leader and behaviour modelling for the project team, contractors and construction workforce
- Conduct analyses and trade-offs of Pre-Feasibility B and Feasibility stages aiming to create value, confirm and optimize the business case
- Develop and maintain a Project Execution Control framework to facilitate world class delivery of major capital projects.
- Actively collaborate and integrate with design engineering, technical and project planning teams to shape the constructability profile of projects by introducing industry best practice and leading-edge approaches to project design and execution
- Apply conventional and novel methodologies in exploring constructability options that will expedite project execution and realise capital savings
- Develop innovative approaches to optimise fabrication, procurement and logistics for critical modules ensuring the development of a range of options
- Lead the analysis and identification of opportunities to enable step changes in value realisation
- Actively engage with and lead execution teams to proactively identify and prioritise key project execution opportunities and risks
- Apply rigorous assessment of project teams to ensure that they have the required capability, are optimally integrated and focussed on driving value.
What you will need to know:
In order to succeed in your rol, you will need to have both, an undergraduate qualification in minig engineering.
A postgraduate qualification (Masters / Doctoral degree or equivalent) will be a plus.
You will also need to demonstrate having a track record of extensive practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity.
Extensive underground mining experience is a must.
The role will also demand from you:
- The ability to understand information from different disciplines and synthesise cross-functional information
- Proven ability work within and understand other cultures, including language skills
- Ability to challenge the status quo, drive innovation, and hold large cross functional teams accountable for results and recommendations that drive critical corporate decisions.
- Ability to communicate complex information in varying forms to audiences ranging from technical team members to CEOs
- An established track record of extensive project execution/construction on a global basis
- Proven ability to lead and motivate diverse cross functional team members from different cultures, think innovatively, execute projects, communicate effectively and deliver results.
- Previous experience in an underground mining project
- Track record of operational experience within a large global multi-commodity mining, manufacturing or related industry
Other things you will require to succeed in the role:
- Regular international and local travel will be required
- Multicultural project team management
- Regular presence with site operations
- Spanish language speaking is a preferred requirement with English proficiency
Advertised: Pacific SA Daylight Time
Applications close: Pacific SA Daylight Time
Back Apply now