Specialist Mining Engineer
- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- Work type:
- Full Time Permanent
- Engineering, Mining, Operations, Projects
What you will do:
- Support Studies processes by providing inputs as required.
- Aid in the planning of IDM stage aligned mining work packages with reference to scope, schedule, cost and resourcing.
- Execute agreed mining related scope aligned with IDM stage requirements and standards utilising relevant software.
- Manage consultants engaged in the execution of mining scopes of work.
- Support Mining Studies review processes by providing inputs for consolidation and presentation to senior leadership
- Maintain and adhere to planning, scheduling and reporting systems for Study execution.
- Identify opportunities to maximise value to Anglo American at all times providing safety, health and environmental impacts are considered and not compromised.
- Identify and escalate all risks that might affect successful delivery and mining capability.
What you will need to know:
- Expertise must have been obtained from a formal qualification in Mining Engineering or other relevant Engineering discipline. A PhD or Masters degree is desirable but not excluyent.
- Demonstrated experience working in an operational mining environment preferably with the relevant commodity.
- Demonstrated application of academic qualifications through experience working in the field.
- A demonstrated thought leader and considered an accomplished practitioner in strategic/operational mine planning.
- Track record of leading ideas generation.
- Expertise in mining software and demonstrated success in the generation, manipulation and implementation of complex plans.
- Ability to mentor site based engineers to ensure implementation success and increase capability.
Other important abilities required:
- Ability to communicate in English (advanced level for verbal and written).
- Regular domestic and regional travel will be required.
- Irregular International travel may be required.
- Work on site at Mine operations will be required. This may involve activities of a physical nature in a typical mine environment (for example noise, vibration, heat, small spaces, reduced visibility).
- Working at high altitude may be required. Working at high altitude may be required.
- Ability to balance strategic thought with delivery of tangible business outcomes.
- Timely, pragmatic and effective decision-making drawing on limited inputs and sometimes incomplete information.
- Effectively influence and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve required outcomes
- Ability to facilitate agreement and co-operation using a diplomatic and open approach
- Effective in working with diverse teams and sensitive to local social, political and cultural realities
- Comfortably interact across all mediums of interaction i.e. face to face vs virtual interactions with team and stakeholders
- Uses networks in all stages of decision making to ensure decisions are not made in isolation, though not to the extent that would be seen as abdicating responsibility.
Advertised: Pacific SA Daylight Time
Applications close: Pacific SA Daylight Time
Back Apply now