In-Port Safety and Sustainability Development Co-Ordinator
- Job Number:
- Business Unit / Group Function:
- De Beers Group
- Work type:
- Permanent Employee
- Safety and Sustainable Development
- Western Cape
- Debmarine Head Office, Pinelands
ABOUT THE DE BEERS GROUP OF COMPANIES:
De Beers is a member of the Anglo American plc group. Established in 1888, De Beers is the world’s leading diamond company with unrivalled expertise in the exploration, mining and marketing of diamonds. Together with its joint venture partners, De Beers employs more than 15 000 people across the diamond pipeline, and is the world’s largest diamond producer, by value, with mining operations in Botswana, Canada, Namibia and South Africa. As part of the company’s operating philosophy, the people of De Beers are committed to Living up to Diamonds by making a lasting contribution to the communities in which they live and work, and transforming natural resources into shared national wealth. For further information about De Beers visit www.debeersgroup.com.
ABOUT DE BEERS MARINE:
De Beers Marine (DBM) is based in Cape Town, South Africa and is part of the De Beers Group. Operations include marine geophysical survey, sampling, and mining. Shore based activities include projects, engineering, R&D and maintenance. Projects include establishment and development of a fleet of mining ships and all associated equipment. DBM is the industry leader in marine mining practices resulting in the most successful and advanced marine mining equipment and operations globally.
DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB:
De Beers Marine requires the services of an In-Port Safety and Sustainability Development Co-Ordinator who will be responsible for leading and supporting implementation and coordinating the Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental policies, management plans, standards and systems at all In-Ports sites. The role also ensures implementation, co-ordination and maintenance of Group Standards and is responsible for overseeing incident investigations.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information:
In-Port Safety and Sustainability SSD Co-Ordinator (2).docx
- Degree or Diploma or similar in Safety, or
- NEBOSH International General Certificate
Additional Courses (Preferred)
- Safety Management courses: SAMTRAC, Risk Assessor, Incident Investigator etc.
- Fall Protection Planner (US229994, 5 & 8)
- ISO Internal Auditors Course (14001 and 45001)
- 5 years’ experience in implementing Construction Industry SHE Management Systems
- 2 years’ experience in contractor management and legal compliance auditing (SHE)
- External search: Yes
- Secondment terms: No
- Submit applications on or before the Closing Date: 12 December 2019, 11:55 pm SA Standard Time
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Back Apply now