ABOUT THE DE BEERS GROUP OF COMPANIES:
De Beers is a member of the Anglo American plc group. Established in 1888, De Beers is the world’s leading diamond company with unrivalled expertise in the exploration, mining and marketing of diamonds. Together with its joint venture partners, De Beers employs more than 20,000 people across the diamond pipeline, and is the world’s largest diamond producer, by value, with mining operations in Botswana, Canada, Namibia and South Africa. As part of the company’s operating philosophy, the people of De Beers are committed to Living up to Diamonds by making a lasting contribution to the communities in which they live and work, and transforming natural resources into shared national wealth. For further information about De Beers visit www.debeersgroup.com.
ABOUT DE BEERS MARINE:
De Beers Marine (DBM) is based in Cape Town, South Africa and is part of the De Beers group. Activities managed include Marine exploration, geophysical surveys, sampling, mining, ship conversion, upgrades and maintenance, large project management, engineering design and mining system equipment builds. DBM executes industry leading R&D in marine mining practices resulting in the most successful and advanced marine mining equipment and operations globally.
DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
De Beers Marine requires the services of an R&D Electronic Engineer.
The responsibilities for this position are the development of bespoke geophysical, positioning and sonar-based visualization systems.
These systems are usually an integration of COTS modules in subsea housings.
Future challenges will be development of autonomous mining systems based on these technologies.
The nature of the work involves innovating or problem solving. The role involves a high degree of individual contribution, and good application at both a practical as well as theory level.
It will be necessary for the incumbent to work closely in a mixed team of software and mechanical engineers and operations personnel
This is a hands-on engineering position with a strong emphasis on development of new equipment and improvement of existing systems and trouble shooting.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information:
RD Electronic Engineer.docx
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or similar
- Minimum of 6 years post qualification experience coupled with proven R&D experience advantageous.
- Medically fit to go to sea, and suitable to obtain Namibian temporary work visa and restricted area permit (RAP).
- Please inform your immediate line manager of your intention to apply.
- Kindly note that this is an internal advertisement, open to Anglo American and De Beers Family of Companies candidates only.
- Consideration will be given to the Company’s Employment Equity Policy
- External search: Yes
- Secondment terms: No
- Submit applications on or before the Closing Date: 12 December 2019, 11:55 pm SA Standard Time