Detalles de la Vacante
Specialist Ventilation – Mining Studies
- Número de trabajo:
- Unidad de Negocio / Grupo de funciones:
- Base Metals & Minerals
- Tipo de Vacante:
- Empleado Permanente
- Región Metropolitana, Santiago
In Anglo American we are firmly convinced that diversity is the greater value of our organization. This is why, all our job vacancies are available for all people that fulfill the job description. We are an inclusive Company and want you to be a part of it. Gender diversity, LGTB+, age, culture/religion, ethnicity or any disability condition is welcome (Law Nº 21.015).
The Mining Group’s purpose is to provide value add technical solutions and support based on strategic and operational analysis of opportunities across the Group’s portfolio. This includes supporting the business units with high value RDP, Studies and integrated LOMP solutions and continuous mine modernisation through implementation of new technologies and systems. This role is an active “hands on” role requiring significant time actively using ventilation software to solve problems as well as the identification and co-ordination of consultant scopes.
Your principal functions will be:
- Support Studies processes by providing (primarily ventilation) inputs as required.
- Aid in the planning of IDM stage aligned mining work packages with reference to scope, schedule, cost and resourcing.
- Execute agreed mining related scope aligned with IDM stage requirements and standards utilising relevant software.
- Manage consultants engaged in the execution of mining scopes of work.
- Support Mining Studies review processes by providing inputs for consolidation and presentation to senior leadership
- Maintain and adhere to planning, scheduling and reporting systems for Study execution.
- Identify opportunities to maximise value to Anglo American at all times providing safety, health and environmental impacts are considered and not compromised.
- Identify and escalate all risks that might affect successful delivery and mining capability.
What you will need to perform positively in the role:
- Required: Formal qualification in Mining Engineering
- Demonstrated application of academic qualifications through experience working in the field.
- Demonstrated experience (+ 2 years) in a technical capacity working in a medium to large size underground mining operation as a ventilation practitioner that preferably adopts a sublevel open stoping mining method using some form of mine backfill.
- 5+ years of post graduate experience working in the field.
- A demonstrated thought leader and considered an accomplished practitioner in ventilation planning and execution.
- Track record of leading ideas generation.
- Abbility to communicate in English (advanced level for verbal and written)
- Regular domestic and regional travel will be required.
- Irregular International travel may be required.
- Work on site at Mine operations will be required. This may involve activities of a physical nature in a typical mine environment (for example noise, vibration, heat, small spaces, reduced visibility).
- Working at high altitude may be required.
- Ability to balance strategic thought with delivery of tangible business outcomes.
- Timely, pragmatic and effective decision-making drawing on limited inputs and sometimes incomplete information.
Publicado: Pacific SA Daylight Time
Cierre postulaciones: Pacific SA Daylight Time
De vuelta Postule ahora Refiera un amigo